Participants who would like to give an oral or poster presentation must submit a one-page abstract for consideration by the scientific committee.
All abstracts must be submitted electronically via e-mail to flavobacterium2018(at)gmail.com before August 31(24:00 JST), 2018. Please specify your presentation type (Oral or Poster) at the submission.
All abstracts should be written in clear and simple English following the instructions below, otherwise they will not be considered for presentation.
A number of abstracts will be selected for oral communications, the remaining ones for presentations in the poster sessions.
Preparation of abstracts:
1. All abstracts must be in English.
2. The abstract should provide a succinct overview of the presentation.
3. Abstracts should not exceed 250 words (excluding authors and affiliations).
4. Abstracts must be prepared as a Microsoft Word (.docx) file indicating the speaker’s family name. (Please click and download an abstract template.)
5. Document size (paper size) of the abstracts: A4 size (210×297 mm).
6. Margins (Top, Bottom, Left, Right): 2.54 cm or 1 inch.
7. Title of presentation: Arial, 11 point font, bold, 1.5 line spacing, aligned to the left.
8. Author List: Arial, 11 point font, 1.5 line spacing, aligned to the left. First name, middle initials if required, and surname. A comma should separate author names, except the last name, which is to be preceded by "and". Presenting author must be underlined.
9. Affiliation list: Arial, 11 point font, 1.5 line spacing, aligned to the left. Affiliation details of all authors: Department, institution, city, state (if relevant), postal code, country
10. Institution affiliation(s): In abstracts with authors from different institutions, use superscript numerals as reference marks. Where authors are from different institutions, the appropriate institution number from the affiliation list should be given as a superscript number after each author's name.
11. Abstract: Arial, 11 point font, 1.5 line spacing, justified. Type the text without hyphenating words at line breaks.
12. References: Arial, 10 point font, single line spacing, justified. Number the references in order of appearance in the text.
13. Abstract category - please select one category under which the abstract is to be reviewed after consulting the list of topics.
Topics: pathogenicity, host-pathogen interaction, physiology, ecology, epidemiology, classification, diversity, genome, evolution, drug resistance, prevention/epidemic, vaccine, detection and diagnosis method, development of disease resistant host fish.
Notice of abstract acceptance will be provided by October 1, 2018.
In case of any question regarding abstract submission, please do not hesitate to contact Erina Fujiwara-Nagata (flavobacterium2018(at)gmail.com).